LOCATION: 3660 Dodd. Rd. Eagan, MN 55123
Manage activities for improving manufacturing engineering and continuous improvement of manufacturing processes to reach optimum efficiencies, productivity, quality and effectiveness.
SIGNIFICANT WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Contact with persons inside and outside the company requiring some resourcefulness, tact and knowledge of complex technology and procedures.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNT ABILITIES:
- Manage customer expectations, documenting requirements and changes, creating proposals and modifying bids.
- Develop and train engineers in testing protocols and quality control measures.
- Coordinate projects, budgets, proposals, and contracts throughout the organization.
- Prepare and review documentation including policies, templates, specifications and technical reports.
- Manager’s time is spent in meetings with staff, clients, contractors, and other management; otherwise, they are working behind a desk at a computer or on the phone. The position can be stressful due to the deadline-driven nature of work and the difficulties inherent in overseeing multiple moving parts of multiple projects.
- The engineering program manager must have the ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities, as well as problem-solving skills
- They must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate leadership.
- Capable of leading large, complex developmental programs which may include maintaining the design history files.
- Coordinate, communicate, and lead project teams utilizing AQP and other established engineering processes to successfully develop and transition programs from design through commercialization.
- Provide single point of contact for the customer while providing program leadership during the development efforts to create seamless customer experience.
- Ensure sufficient resources are identified and allocated to the program
- Use relationship building to sell Pioneers capabilities to new and existing customers.
- Manage projects to ensure all scope changes are managed. The program manager will coordinate quoting additional services and ensure overall product/services invoices are being paid promptly.
- Identify and monitor overall program cost, timing, and deliverables to ensure key milestones are achieved.
- Ability to proactively anticipate the needs of the customer and/or program and offer additional services to improve the value to the customer.
- Participate in business development issues such as supply agreements, long term agreements, cost reduction requests, cost sharing request, pricing negotiations, account reviews, etc.
- Participate in cost control and profitability decisions through interaction with appropriate manufacturing groups, accounting, and sales.
- Manage engineering changes on component and assemblies including cost, timing, and receipts.
- Review/approve all qualification reports submitted by the quality department
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED
- High school diploma plus four years leading to engineering bachelor’s degree or equivalent training/experience.
- Related manufacturing experience to be sufficient by contacting previous employers and/or references. Job competency can be determined during the interview and can override minimum requirements.
Minimum of five years production experience injection molding or other related manufacturing environment.
Plastic molding technology
Advanced mold design & function
Plastic resin processing characteristics
Molding machine functions
Cost Analysis Company Objectives 1SPC and Inspection Technology
Understanding of molds
Statistics and design of experiments
World Class Manufacturing principles
Adult learning principles/instructor skills
Administrative & organizational skills, internal scheduling & assignment of work.
Manage skills and applications
Moderately complex work performed under minimal direction but with periodic review of assignments.
RESPONSIBILITY & AUTHORITY:
- EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
Increasing technical skills of selected employees thus enabling trained employees to pursue promotion. Promote attitude of continuous improvement.
Instruct selected employees in efficient molding and tooling practices so as to optimize use of materials. Establish most cost effective method to produce our products and assure repeatability.
Specifies or recommends purchase of most appropriate equipment for our needs. Proper utilization of equipment during training process ensuring all safety devices are operative and in use.
- BUSINESS CONTACT (INTERNAL & EXTERNAL)
Contact with persons inside and outside the company requiring some resourcefulness, tact and a knowledge of complex technology and procedures.
This is a great opportunity and work environment. Pioneer offers a competitive salary, full benefits including medical, dental, company-paid life insurance, Short Term Disability, tuition reimbursement and 401k. Pioneer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send resume. Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
CONTACT: Anita Hussain,
Human Resources Manager,
Pioneer Plastics, 3660 Dodd. Rd. Eagan, MN 55123