Quality Manager Job Responsibilities
Plan, direct and coordinate activities to assure maintenance of optimum quality in manufactured products, consistent with customer specifications and internal external regulatory requirements. Interface with customer engineering, purchasing and quality personnel. Maintain quality systems to ISO13485
Significant Working Relationship
Frequent contact with persons inside and outside the company of substantially higher authority, in crisis situation requires considerable resourcefulness, tact and a thorough knowledge of company policies, practices and procedures.
Quality Manager Job Duties
- Establish and maintain adequate quality assurance and inspection techniques, procedures and coverage. Compile records. Initiate and maintain a continuous study of all defective work. Recommend improved methods, procedures or other changes that will result in improved quality consistent with economical cost to the company. Achieve an effective defect prevention program.
- Investigate all quality complaints, and document and communicate corrective action measures.
- Initiate and carry out equipment and process capability studies where it appears design specifications are difficult to produce an acceptable product at satisfactory costs.
- Maintain a current knowledge of developments in the field of inspection and testing of materials, products and equipment.
- Develop and maintain effective two-way communication with other departments concerning plans, new developments and quality improvement programs.
- Recommend hire, recommend termination of employment, transfer and promotion; apply progressive corrective action and address employee concerns; review direct reports performance and efficiency and recommend/approve salary increases. Responsible for the timely and accurate entries of employee’s absences and/or attendance in established system. Enforce company policies, procedures and practices.
- Provide guidance as to SPC training for Quality Assurance Department and Production Personnel. Assist in effective implementation of statistical methods. May serve as Quality Assurance and SPC instructor.
- Provide vendor quality performance data for use in vendor qualification and evaluation.
- Recommend mold and process modifications to improve quality and productivity.
- Perform on-site vendor audits.
- Provide assistance to help suppliers meet minimum Pioneer Plastics SPC requirements, as needed.
- Provide final disposition (except “Use as is”) on all product manufactured at Pioneer Plastics Operations.
- Negotiate excessive customer quality/inspection requirements back to an efficient, economical control plan consistent with our system.
- Establishes training programs as necessary to keep personnel updated in inspection and test methods, quality standards and quality control/assurance system changes.
- Maintains records of inspections and Product Acceptance performance. Provide summary reports as required for management use.
- Performs inspection analysis of all returned goods, document results and define short term corrective action instructions for the product and assist in long term corrective action to eliminate future occurrences.
- Performs work on complex or technical inspections
- Conduct internal audits against defined requirements and participate in the corrective action process on findings.
- Maintains all inspection records.
- Analyze problem areas in manufacturing and direct activities for improving operations related to manufacturing, processes, automation, work flows, training, equipment, cost analysis and reductions.
- Assist and direct applications of statistical methods to improve quality results.
- Lead training and developmental efforts for quality.
- Promote quality awareness throughout the operation.
- Apply Pioneer Plastics Guiding Principles and Pioneer Plastics Vision while carrying out job responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must have at least 5 years of thermoplastic industry and Medical Device manufacturing experience.
- Education Level Required
High school diploma plus four years leading to technical bachelor’s degree or equivalent training/experience in manufacturing industry.
- Related manufacturing experience to be sufficient by contacting previous employers and/or references. Job competency can be determined during the interview and can override minimum requirements.
- Experience Required
Four to six years’ experience in quality control and supervision. Preferably in custom
Injection molding of engineered thermoplastic resins or related manufacturing industry experience.
- Knowledge Required
- Ability to read and understand complex part drawings.
- Quality Assurance, Inspection and problem-solving terminology and procedures.
- Plastic material characteristics.
- Supervision training and instruction capabilities.
- Understand the function of our equipment and production procedures.
- Good communication, customer relation and sales skills.
- Very good knowledge and skills in SPC.
Complex work performed within established procedures requiring original thinking under general supervision with periodic review of assignments.
Responsibility & Authority
- Employee Relations
Train, instruct and assign work to employees. Administer company human resources policies, enforce
Safety and health regulations and take prompt action on employee grievances to achieve good employee
Morale. Maintain discipline, stimulate and maintain employee interest in continual quality/productivity
Recommend design, tooling and method changes to improve quality and reduce costs. Ensure shipment
Of material, parts or product that meet established quality standards. Provide final disposition on all discrepant material.
Proper use of standard office equipment, PC. Initiate and approve purchase requisitions for inspection, data collection and statistical data processing equipment.
Considerable damage or loss is possible but can be prevented by a high degree of care and attention.
- Business Contact
Frequent contact with persons inside and outside the company of substantially higher authority, in crisis
Situation requiring considerable resourcefulness, tact and a thorough knowledge of company policies,
Practices and procedures.
This is a great opportunity and work environment. Pioneer offers a competitive salary, full benefits including medical, dental, company-paid life insurance, Short Term Disability, tuition reimbursement and 401k. Pioneer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send resume. Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
CONTACT: Anita Hussain,
Human Resources Manager,
Pioneer Plastics, 3660 Dodd. Rd. Eagan, MN 55123