Quality Engineer Job Responsibilities
Coordinate activities to assure maintenance of optimum quality in manufactured products, consistent with customer specifications and internal external regulatory requirements. Interface with customer engineering, purchasing and quality personnel. Help maintain quality systems to ISO13485.
- Help maintain adequate quality assurance and inspection techniques, procedures and coverage. Compile records. Initiate and maintain a continuous study of all defective work. Recommend improved methods, procedures or other changes that will result in improved quality consistent with economical cost to the company.
- Investigate quality complaints, and document and communicate corrective action measures.
- Initiate and carry out equipment and process capability studies where it appears design specifications are difficult to produce an acceptable product at satisfactory costs.
- · Maintain a current knowledge of developments in the field of inspection and testing of materials, products and equipment.
- Provide vendor quality performance data for use in vendor qualification and evaluation.
- Recommend mold and process modifications to improve quality and productivity.
- Provide assistance to help suppliers meet minimum Pioneer Plastics SPC requirements, as needed.
- Provide final disposition (except “Use as is”) on all product manufactured at Pioneer Plastics Operations.
- Help establish training programs as necessary to keep personnel updated in inspection and test methods, quality standards and quality control/assurance system changes.
- Maintains records of inspections and Product Acceptance performance. Provide summary reports as required for management use.
- Performs inspection analysis of all returned goods, document results and define short term corrective action instructions for the product and assist in long term corrective action to eliminate future occurrences.
- Performs work on complex or technical inspections
- Assist with internal audits against defined requirements and participate in the corrective action process on findings.
- Analyze problem areas in manufacturing and direct activities for improving operations related to manufacturing, processes, automation, work flows, training, equipment.
- Lead training and developmental efforts for quality.
- Promote quality awareness throughout the operation.
- Apply Pioneer Plastics Guiding Principles and Pioneer Plastics Vision while carrying out job responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education Level Required
High school diploma plus four years leading to technical bachelor’s degree or equivalent training/experience in manufacturing industry.
Related manufacturing experience to be sufficient by contacting previous employers and/or references. Job competency can be determined during the interview and can override minimum requirements.
Four years experience required in quality control and supervision. Preferably in custom Injection molding of engineered thermoplastic resins or related manufacturing industry experience.
- Ability to read and understand complex part drawings.
- Quality Assurance, Inspection and problem solving terminology and procedures.
- Plastic material characteristics.
- Supervision training and instruction capabilities.
- Understand the function of our equipment and production procedures.
- Good communication, customer relation and sales skills.
- Very good knowledge and skills in SPC.
- Automobile industry quality assurance methodology preferred.
- Knowledgeable of and committed to WCM, El programs.
Pioneer Plastics, 3660 Dodd. Rd. Eagan, MN 55123