Machine Operator- 1st and 2nd shift
Tend or operate one or more production machines running manual, semi-automatic, or automatic cycle. Perform one or more of a variety of hand or machine operations on molded plastic parts, purchased parts, and inserts including assembly operations. Ensure adherence to defined quality standards and Pioneer Plastics’ documented processes.
SIGNIFICANT WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Communicate with individuals inside and/or outside the Company where the nature of the information provided follows an established pattern. Requires normal courtesy.
- Tend or operate one or more plastic molding machines running manual, semi-automatic; or automatic cycle. When tending automatic cycle machines, multiple machine coverage will be required if time permits. As required remove and grind runners and sprues.
- Using machines, jigs, fixtures, gauges, or hand tools, perform a variety of operations on molded or purchased parts such as removing flash, runners, gates, buffing, burring, drilling, and tapping, filling, gluing, finishing, sanding, machining, gauging, and etc.
- Visually inspects and sort all parts to a predetermined quality level for such flaws as short shots, burns, contaminates, visual and dimensional defects. Gauge parts using gauges and simple inspection devices. Performs operator inspections per control plan. Provide production parts to quality personnel for inspection purposes.
- Assemble and/or finish parts by hand or using various jigs, fixtures, machines, sonic welder, heat staking machine, Pad printer, etc.
- Make-up shipping containers and prepare for shipping. Close and tape boxes when the “OK” stamp is identified on the box label and approved by the inspector for the operation. Layer pack or weigh containers to ensure accurate part count per customer requirements. Move finished goods to Finish Goods Area.
- Properly complete all required paperwork and electronic data entry of information pertaining to assignments.
- Accurately allocate daily attendance hours in Epicor.
- Maintain work area in an orderly manner and to be free from debris, parts, runners, and items not required to perform the job, moving and stacking filled cartons, clean and degrease machines and equipment as assigned. Empty scrap totes and recycle bins daily. Recycle cardboard as needed daily.
- Participate in 5S practices and if certified.
- Report all machine, equipment, production, or processing problems to the supervisor or qualified personnel.
- Maintain production expectancies and produces parts consistent with customer and internal requirements.
- Alert Engineering personnel if discrepancies are found or revisions are not correct in the released Mold Book.
- Actively assist in training others as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school or GED or related manufacturing industry experience
- Related manufacturing experience to be sufficient by contacting previous employers and/or references. Job competency can be determined during the interview and can override minimum requirements.
JOB TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
Operators will be trained on the job and complete Pioneer Plastics’ Machine Operator on the job training requirements as listed on the operator profile.
MENTAL & VISUAL EFFORT
Requires the ability to read, write, and communicate in English. Requires the ability to carry out simple instructions, use of basic hand tools, and fixed gauges. Perform repetitive short cycle operations involving the visual inspection of parts, visual defect interpretation.
MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS
Minor damage or loss is possible but the exercise of ordinary care and attention will prevent loss. Required to maintain part quality and production standards.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Ordinary care and attention are required to prevent damage to molds, machines, and plastic parts.
SAFETY OF OTHERS
Minimum care required; follow established safety guidelines and practices to ensure self and safety of others are not jeopardized through good housekeeping activities.
WORK OF OTHERS
Required as needed such as assembly
Physical exertion is encouraged if needed;
Accident hazards moderate. Injuries normally consist of cuts and burns.
Work inside factory building exposed to noise, smoke, plastic fumes, dirt, and oil.
Any individual may submit an application to the following individual for consideration for this position.
Pioneer Plastics, 3660 Dodd. Rd. Eagan, MN 55123